Let us treat your child or you to a unique and up-to-date hairstyle or bring in a picture of the perfect cut that you would like us to replicate.
Check out our Hair Services and Nail Services then call, message or book online by clicking here.
Many of our clients choose to walk-in and we understand this is because life with kids is difficult to schedule. While we continue to do our best to accommodate walk-ins our increasing popularity has led to an increase in appointments. Giving us a call on your way across town can help to secure the appointment slots your family needs.
Please understand that if you are more than 5-10 minutes late we might need to reschedule or cancel your appointment for the consideration of others.
At Manta’s Cuts, your child’s needs and comfort are of the utmost importance. Our stylists are prepared and trained to accommodate any unique considerations your child may need to make their haircut a good experience. When scheduling your child’s appointment please be sure to let our staff know your child’s needs so we can schedule the best stylists.
Some service modifications that can be made to help ease haircut anxiety include, but are not limited to:
- Avoid directly spraying hair with a water bottle instead wet a comb or hands to gently dampen hair.
- We know the loud buzzing sound can be quite intimidating, especially for a child with sensory sensitivities. If you prefer, we can completely omit the use of clippers and trimmers and opt for a scissor-only cut.
- We can turn your child away from the mirror while cutting.
- We have an array of distractions, from movies to bubbles to books.
- Come visit us before the actual haircut day. Your child can play, look around, and just get the feel of the salon before getting their haircut. You can stay for as little or as long as you like….we enjoy the company!
- If the chaos of a busy salon is too much for your little one, please let us know. We will be happy to work with you in scheduling an appointment before or after regular business hours for a calmer, quieter experience.
We realize that some kids require a little more TLC to get the job done. If there is any other way we can help you in making the haircut experience a positive one, just ask.
How to Prepare for the First Hair Cut
There is no “right” time or age for children to get their first haircut. Just check if the hair is in their eyes, bothering them on the back of the neck or growing into a style you don’t like. If you like you can visit the salon with your baby the day before your appointment or bring the baby in for a parent’s haircut so the child knows it’s a friendly place. On haircut day arrive prepared: bring snacks or something to keep them occupied, as well as a change of clothes in case hair gets on the clothing.